Sunday, November 30, 2014

Blog Assignment #5 Part 2


My PLN

When I first started this class I thought I was in over my head. I was so confused at the assignments and often didn't even know what I was supposed to be doing. Through the semester I learned many things about technology and its use in the classroom. The most important lesson I have learned from this class would be how I can use technology in my classroom as a personal learning network to communicate, collaborate, and learn from other educators.

One of the technology tools that I was introduced to in this class was Twitter. I had heard about twitter and almost all of my friends had twitter accounts. I didn't really know what it was or how it was used so I never bothered to make an account. When I made my account for this class, I still didn't utilize it like I should. The more I signed on learned the ways teachers could use it the more interested I was and the more I used it. I am also enrolled in EDU 301, Ms. Vitulli's class this semester. She also encourages the use of Twitter and uses it almost daily. When I started following her on Twitter is when I started to see all of the resources that can be used in one place.  This a tool you can use for personal posts, sharing your work in the classroom, communicating with other teachers, and getting ideas. I still don't post very much but I do get on there and look around. This is a resource I will definitely use more when I become a teacher.


Another resource that I have included in my PLN is a website called Teachers Pay Teachers. This website is made and operated by teachers all over the world. You can use this website minimally if you are not a member but you can also sign up to be a member for free or pay $59.95 annually for more resources. There are thousands of worksheets that you can purchase or print for free. You can narrow down your search for your particular grade and subject. There are also lesson plans, activities, features teachers, and meet the teachers. The meet the teachers allows you to follow and communicate with the teachers that have participated in contributing to the website. This is also a resource I will use more once I begin my student teaching and teaching. 


I still use my Symbaloo where I keep all of my PLN networks. This helps me to remember them and to organize them. I also use Facebook as a personal learning network. With so many communication resources out there for us, it would be foolish not to use these tools. I feel like my PLN will constantly grow the more I research and teach. This class really opened up my eyes to what resources we have and how they can be used. 

Callie Barton




No comments:

Post a Comment