Sunday, November 9, 2014

Blog Assignment #12


Blog Assignment #12

What assistive technologies are available to you as a teacher?


Collaboratively - W6  Group 5 




For this blog assignment my other group member, Jennifer Flowers, and myself did our own research on the assistive technologies that we have available to us. We worked collaboratively in Google Slides to put together this slide presentation of our findings. Since Apple devices have exploded in the last couple of years and almost all of my friends and family own an Apple device I was curious to research the resources that already exists. Since I own an iPhone and an iPad I focused more on the Apple devices so I could be more familiar with the features for students with special needs when I become a teacher. As teachers we will more than likely have at least one student in our class that has special needs. Their disability may not be obvious but it is our duty to recognize those needs and assist those students. These videos and individual research really taught me about the resources for special needs students that are already available to us.




Callie Barton

2 comments:

  1. Nice presentation Callie, there was a great deal of information that I myself found quite enlightening. I didn't realize until this assignment just how much Apple has to offer for students with disabilities. And considering the data you have presented, there will be at least one student in my class that will for sure have a disability and I am glad that Apple makes tools affordable and easy to work with.

    ReplyDelete