Friday, October 24, 2014

Project #6 C4K Summary for October



Project #6 C4K Summary for October

C4K#4

Assigned Students Blog:

Mrs. Tharp's Class - Julia

Changes

Studies have shown that students need to get more then the usually recommended 8 hours of sleep. A college student for example, might have classes all day and end up with 3 hours of homework. That doesn’t leave the student with enough time to sleep. School should start later. In some high schools they don’t start untill 10a.m since another study was published showing that teens need 10 or more hours of sleep. To improve our schol system I think t would be wise to have shorter school days. Our school starts around 7:40 and gets out at 2:55. I like our time honestly, and the way our classes are set up makes the day go by faster and actually enjoy school.  Another thing we should be able to do is chew gum. Gum actually helps to keep people more focased and is mildly stress reliving. If people wouldn’t stick the gum to other people and school property that would make this idea a little bit more real. Another thing that I think is a good idea is no uniforms. Uniforms are expensive and uncomfortable most of the time. Letting people not wear a uniform would be better. In the winter, wearing skirts isn’t exactly warm. For the most part, the girls refuse to wear the pants. I mean I would, but I don’t own any and like i said, uniforms are expensive. The entire no shorts thing is kinda strange to me. If we didn’t have a uniform and could wear long shorts then I think it would be a little more logical.

My comment:

Hey Julia! 

My name is Callie Barton and I am an elementary education student at the University of South Alabama. I have been through all of these situations and I agree with you for the most part. I first want to start out by saying you have great writing skills and a good vocabulary. English is one of my favorite subjects so keep working on those skills and extending that vocabulary! As someone who loves to sleep I definitely agree with you on starting school a little later, maybe just an hour or so. Chewing gum was allowed at school until children started abusing their privileges and, like you mentioned above, starting sticking it where it doesn’t belong. Unfortunately some people ruin it for everyone and there is really no way for the teachers to know which students are being irresponsible. Uniforms definitely have their advantages and disadvantages. I only had to wear school uniforms for 2 years of my grade school career. In those two years there were their ups and downs. On one hand I loved that I did not have to pick out what I was going to wear for that day but on the other there was no variety. There were more rules about our uniforms than there were when we could wear our own clothes. If we didn’t have the right color belt on we would be sent to the office and have to call our parents to bring us a new belt. They eventually slacked off on how strict the rules were and we were able to add our own style to the boring uniforms. I am sure all school uniform policies are different at every school and I am not sure how they are 11 years after I graduated but all in all I didn’t mind wearing uniforms. If you really feel strongly about these things then maybe there is something you can do. Even if it is just writing a letter to the principal to express your feelings and concerns. If nothing changes then at least you know you tried. I hope you have a wonderful and successful school year! 

Callie Barton


C4K#5

Assigned Students Blog:

Miss Jacklin's Class - Koraima C.
Lunar eclipse
This morning I woke up really early to see the eclipse but turns out it was to cloudy. I saw nothing. I went for a run with my mom like we do every morning and saw a little faded red circle in the sky. When we ran down the hill I saw nothing again.  I wondered why at the top of the hill I could see a faded red circle in the sky but when I ran down hill I saw nothing. Then I had breakfast and went to choir at 7:30. 

My comment:

Hey Koraimac! My name is Callie Barton and I am an elementary education student at the University of South Alabama. I first want to say that I really like your name; it is very unique. I love that you and your Mom get up early to run together. It is a fun, healthy way to start your mornings. Not to mention great bonding time with your Mom. It is a bummer you didn’t get to see the lunar eclipse but at least you got to see the faded red ring. There will be another lunar eclipse on April 4, 2015 so mark your calendar! You may get to see it a little better next time. Good luck with your school year! 

Callie Barton


C4K#6

Assigned Students Blog:

Paula Naugle's Class - Austin V. (I was assigned Eric S. but he did not have a post)

Dot Day

When we did Dot Day with PreK I was buddies with Devin. The first activity was the colAR app. We had to put a drawing under a camera with the app downloded to make it 3D. The second activity was the “trace your name for PreK with bingo dots”. The third activity was to sort by color with puff balls and Fruit Loops. The fourth activity was Twister. The PreKers loved Twister. Then we did a Skype with Laurie Ann Thompson. She is a author that just published a new book called Be a Changemaker. The last thing was that we had to walk PreK down to their P.E. class. I loved Dot Day.
   

My comment:

Hey Austin! My name is Callie Barton and I am an elementary education student at the University of South Alabama. I loved reading about all of the activities your class did with Dot Day. I actually just learned what Dot Day is in one of my classrooms. For our Dot Day activity we did paper mache into a dot and got to paint it however we wanted to. Have you ever done paper mache? It is fun but very messy! In your pictures it looks like you all had a great time playing and working together with your classmates and the Pre K students. Twister was always one of my favorite games to play when I was growing up. Good luck with school and I hope you have a great year! 

Callie Barton


C4K #7

Assigned Students Blog:

Jalen - Pt England School

How to make a kete

Here is a movie about how to make a kete I hope you enjoy.

Jalen - How to make a kete


My comment:

Hey Jalen! My name is Callie Barton and I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama in the United States. I really enjoyed your video on how to make a kete. I am a college student and I am just now learning how to make movies/videos. I liked your background music. Did you pick that? It makes you want to dance! I have never heard of a kete until I watched you video. You did a great job with your animations and showing how to make one. Keep up the good work and hopefully one day I will be able to make a video as well as you did!


Callie Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment