Thursday, October 30, 2014

Project #6 C4K Summary for November



Project #6 C4K Summary for November

C4K #8

Assigned Students Blog:

Ms. Horst's Class - Jessica

Am I a GOOD citizen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 30, 2014 @ 9:28 AM 0 Comments      

I think I am a good global citizen because
  1. I am helping around the world with this on club called ME TO WE
  2. I am not litering and I AM HELPING THE EARTH
  3. Global Citizen Journey – YouTube  <—— video watch plezz
I  think I am GOOD LOCEL citizen because
  1. I am donating non perisheble items to we scare hunger to help familys  that can’t have dinner but when i donat they can have dinner and on HALLOWEEN I am going to get me some candy and ask for one food item and my goal is 30 items
I think i am a good DIGITAL citizen because I would never I mean never hurt someone on the internet so here is what you shouldn’t do OVERSHARE  Oversharing – Digital Citizenship – YouTube
I think I am a good canadian citizen  because I am donating food around canada!!!!!!! :) :)
and thank you for reading my blog you made me smile :)

My comment:

Good afternoon Jessica! 

My name is Callie Barton and I am an elementary education student at the University of South Alabama. The first thing I noticed when I looked at your blog is that it is so organized and neat. I love that it is easy to read, it is broken down into subcategories, and that you used smiley face emoji’s! You mention that you are in a club called Me To We. What do you do in this club? One of my biggest pet peeves is when people litter. I feel like this shows a lot about one’s character. I am so glad you do not litter and you should encourage everyone that they should throw their trash in the trash can where it belongs. Not only does littering make the community look “trashy” but it is bad for the environment. It sounds like you are doing wonderful things for your community. Helping others that are less fortunate than you is very important. Good luck with your goal of 30 food items and I hope you have a wonderful, fun, and safe Halloween! 

Callie Barton

C4K #9

Assigned Student Blog:

Mrs. Myers class - Jacey

Jacey's Art Blog

Jacey's blog includes a short autobiography about her hobbies and what she likes to do. Her blog has a slide show with pictures of all the art work she created in 7th grade.

My comment:

Jacey,

My name is Callie Barton and I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. I first just want to say wow! I really enjoyed looking at all of your art work from your 7th grade year. I also love softball and played it from the time I was 4 years old until I was 16. Your pet food dishes were so cute and I like the colors you chose. Do you have a pet? The picture of the person with one leg and the dog sitting beside him was very interesting. We are learning how to do printmaking in my college art class this week so it was really neat to see what you did with your printmaking. My all time favorite was the starry, galaxy sky. The colors were mixed beautifully and you did a wonderful job of the shadowed tree. The duct tape wallet is really neat and functional. You could maybe make them and sell them for some extra spending money! You really seem to have a lot of creativity and skill in your art work. Keep experimenting and being creative; you never know how big of a role it can play in your life. Even if it's just to make you happy. Hope you have a wonderful semester and holiday season!

Callie Barton

C4K #10

Cancelled for Veterans Day!

C4K #11

Assigned Student Blog:

Mrs. DeBuhr's Class - Student 11 Brandon

1ST QUARTER REFLECTION
Tags:  Categories: Eighth Graders are CoolNOVEMBER 7, 2014 @ 1:14 PM 2 Comments      
My first quarter was very long and boring for the first few weeks. After then it started to get better and less boring. Also at first the homework load was very big but after awhile the load got smaller or I just got more used to have that much. I also like doing SWT (Scared Writing Time) because it give us something to write about and I also like the interesting facts it gives us every day like did you know that lobster blood is blue and insect blood is yellow. It also gives us a word to use in the writing piece of the day. One of the words was dwindle which means to shrink. Sometimes you will like the topic and other times you won’t. Also I really had lots of fun with Social Studies class because we got to watch lots of videos all time. During the month we already did Spirit Groups which are groups of K4-8th graders all in a group that get to do fun activities and the 8th graders are the leaders and I love being the ecstatic leader and my group is never tranquil and my forte is making thing. Like in science class we got to make these bobsleds out of many different materials and ours turned out super cool and I can never do things with a novice because I am so much more advanced then them. Also I started a new book named Found and it is not inane at all. It is always a great book and it is really awesome. I also am getting to like reading a little more. This year has been getting better and better.


My Comment:
Hey Brandon! My name is Callie Barton and I am an elementary education student at the University of South Alabama. I want to start out by telling you that your vocabulary is impressive. Keep using those words and continue to extend your vocabulary. Scared Writing Time seems like a fun activity. I knew that lobster blood was blue but I didn't know that insect blood is yellow. It's neat to learn interesting facts daily; it makes you smarter. It's definitely a conversation starter. I found it interesting that you worked with the younger grades to collaborate in making a bobsled. Was this an actual working life-size bobsled? It's great that you took control and stepped up to be the leader. Every group needs a great leader in order to be successful. It sounds like you had a pretty busy and progressively better 1st quarter. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season and good luck with your 2nd semester!
Callie Barton




No comments:

Post a Comment