Sunday, August 24, 2014

Practice Post - Introduction


Callie Williams Barton
29 years old
Pascagoula, MS
Moss Point High School 2003
Associates Degree MGCCC
Married almost 2 years to Kennon Barton
1 cat Tux
Expecting 1st child in February
family and in laws
Teach our future generations
Not only educates but gives them role models to look up to
My passion is my life, family, and future


Hello!

My name is Callie Williams Barton and I am a senior here at South Alabama.  I currently live in Pascagoula, MS with my husband Kennon and my cat Tux. We have lived in Pascagoula for 2 1/2 years but I have always been a resident of Mississippi.  I grew up in small town Helena, MS and graduated from Moss Point High School in 2003.  I also received my associates degree at MGCCC in Gautier, MS.  I am the youngest of 4 siblings and we are all still very close.  My parents were my best and greatest role models.  They taught me to be kind, strong, and thoughtful.  Their ongoing love has shown me the kind of marriage I strive to have.  I have not only been blessed with a wonderful family but I couldn't ask for better in laws.  I met my husband in 2008, dated for 4 years, and got married on October 20, 2012.  We just found out we will be expecting our first child in February 2015.  We are very excited and beyond blessed!

I want to be an educator because I feel being a teacher means you have the ability to change the world.  I hope that by being a teacher if I can just get to one child and make a difference then I will have done my job successfully.  An educator not only teaches children basic learning skills like reading, writing, math, etc. but they also mold them into the future students and humans that they will become.  Of course this all depends on the type of teacher you want to be and how much effort you are willing to put into your job.  I feel that if you are not passionate about your job and the work that you are doing then teaching definitely shouldn't be your career.  A few of my passions include my family, my life, and my future as a teacher.

Callie Barton
Source: www.twizzles.net




1 comment:

  1. You need a title for this post - Practice Post. Please correct.

    ReplyDelete